Submitting Logs For MWA
Submitting Your Contest Log for MWA
You just finished a contest and the log is sitting on your computer. You may have even reported your efforts on the reflector - even if it was a part time effort. There's just one more thing you need to do. That's to submit your log to the organization sponsoring the contest!
As a member of the Minnesota Wireless Association, we really depend on everyone submitting their logs no matter how small of an effort you put it. Submitting your contest log takes only a minute and will go a long way toward maintaining MWA in the Upper Echelon of contest clubs in the country.
Here are the steps.
1) Output your contest log in Cabrillo format. The method to do this depends on the logging program you are using. Check your program documentation and / or help files for Cabrillo file output.
2) Find the Cabrillo file and open it up using a text editor or word processor. You will see some header information at the top of the file followed by a log of all the contacts you made. Look for a line that starts with "CLUB". The club that shows up say:
MINNESOTA WIRELESS ASSN
It must be spelled exactly as shown above. Note that "Association" is abbreviated and does not have a period at the end.
3) Look up the e-mail address for where your log should be sent. The e-mail address for the ARRL Contests are listed below:
For other contests, you can find the e-mail address for sending your log at the following site. Call up the rules and look for the submittal address.
4) Format an e-mail message to the correct address shown above. No text is necessary in the message. Simply attached the CABRILLO file described in Step 2 and send it.
5) In most cases, you will get a confirmation message back from the contest sponsor indicating whether your log was received correctly. It is a good idea to save this message. If there was problem in you log, you will be told what needs to be corrected. Make the correction, and resubmit the log as indicated in steps 1 through 4 above.
6) That's it. Once you've done it a few times, it will become second nature.
7) Make sure you also post a summary of your score to the MWA reflector. Everyone else is interested in your thoughts on the contest. Many members submit a copy of their 3830 score report.